Oh geez did July just disappear on me? How the heck did that happen? I have been really enjoying time at home with my two little ones. Some days are really easy with them, Emilio will eat, sleep, poop and repeat this routine several times throughout the day. Elena on the other hand, she will eat, play, eat, poop, sleep, play, play, eat, and sleep. Then some days are hard because it's just a tad different routine with her, but I have been managing to spend quality one on one time with her when Emilio is down for his nap.
The other day I managed to rock both of the kids to sleep at the same time for their afternoon naps, and I totally felt like supermom. I really wanted to take a nap as well and cuddle with both of my babies at the same time. Yet, I felt the sweet urge to bake something scrumptious and baked a batch of my freezer stash of the best chewy chocolate chip cookies ever. I'm totally guilty of not sharing this recipe for awhile now because they disappear fast and don't last enough for me to take a food photo. They are that GOOD.
It's the cookie of all cookies. The chocolate chip cookie is a timeless classic that everyone loves. Everyone has a favorite recipe, or go-to brand that you will always purchase, but there can never be enough chocolate chip cookie recipes in your life. THIS chocolate chip cookie will complete your lifelong search for the perfect chewy cookie. In my personal opinion, soft and chewy is THE only way to enjoy a chocolate chip cookie. They are similar to any cookie recipe you have seen before, but the magic lies within the cornstarch. It acts as a thickening agent and makes the cookies really gooey and soft. OOOOHHHHH YEAH!!!
These best ever chewy chocolate chip cookies will change your life FOR-EVER!
Best-Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Apple A Day
ZipList Add Recipe
Yield: 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking pan with silcone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop dough onto to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden. (The tops will not brown, but do not cook longer than 10 minutes).
- Let cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
Review: It's the only chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever need. Keep a freezer stash like I do for those "I need a chocolate chip cookie" days.
And of course, I had to share my latest favorite picture of E&E. OMG, they are too cute together. Elena is really into books right now, and thank goodness we are past the phase of her biting them, too. She actually likes when you read to her because she will pick a book or two and sit in my lap, then she points at whatever is in the book. Pretty soon, she'll be reading to her little brother. Emilio my precious little man- his sweet smile makes me weak in the knees. I can't believe he will be 3 months in 2 weeks. I need HELP to make time slow down because these two are growing up so fast. Let's freeze time like Evie from Out of this World.