It may seem like I'm on a sweet tooth kick lately, and actually I'm just trying to test some recipes and clean the pantry. I never really eat all these goodies, but I do taste what I've prepared, and to be fair - I need feedback on my baked goods. I like to share my sweet treats with friends, family, my co-workers or Eric's co-workers. Well, these are the goodies I brought in for my office. One of my co-workers got this gigantic box of candies from one of our vendors and I knew that I had to make something with them. I knew that these rum nougat candies - would be pretty spectacular in a blondie recipe and knew it would be a match made in candy bar heaven. This recipe is pretty versatile and you can substitute the candy bar to your liking like Twix, Snickers, M&M's, Reese's Peanut butter cups, heath bar ..the sweet possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 350° and set rack in the middle. Butter and flour a 13x9 inch baking pan.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Add the sugar and melted butter in your KA mixer and mix well. Add the vanilla and coffee and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time until mixture is glossy and smooth.
4. Add the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl - flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients with butter mixture into the KA mixer. Add the remaining ingredients - candies, toasted pecans, and 1 cup of coconut and mix well.
5. Add mixture to the baking pan and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup coconut over the blondies. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and cut into about 24 squares.
Review: Everyone loved these blondies, it was funny trying to explain them to my co-workers. Most of them have had brownies but never blondies, so it was a little bit of twist on sweets for them. "It's a brownie that's white, or its blondie that's sweet like a brownie." The sweet blondie with the coconut is like a tropical candy bar island that you want to eat all day long. One of my co-workers had given them a new nickname "yummies." LOL, well that's a great way to describe them. YUMMY!